Pages

Thursday 2 July 2015

Desmond Elliott


Warmest congratulations to Claire Fuller who won the Desmond Elliott Prize last night, for her novel Our Endless Numbered Days



It's strange attending prize a prize ceremony and waiting for the announcement. The wait is really nerve-racking, but once the announcement has been made the rest of the evening is actually quite fun. And, in this case of this particular prize, not winning results in the arrival of this:


How lovely is that? It's easily the poshest present I've ever received.

And, even better, this was also waiting for me when I got home:


(The legs - perhaps she thinks I rode a horse back from London)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Issy Bradley's wonderful shortlisting for the prize and, although the hamper looks delectable, the picture is absolutely priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanna - and I agree about the picture!

    ReplyDelete